Friday, October 3, 2014

Caramel Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake

Usually for a quick, pre-workout energy boost I'm all about those chocolate peanut butter protein shakes.

Since it's finally PSL season, I was itchin' to try and make a pumpkin protein shake.




When I cook or bake, I don't use measurements. I'm reliant on the trial and error of my taste buds. Therefore, I'm giving you estimates on how much of each ingredient to use. 


Ingredients

-Blue Diamond Almond Milk (no sugar added)
-Vanilla Protein (I use EAS Lean 15)
-Pumpkin Puree
-Spice Islands Gourmet Blends: Pumpkin Spice
-Shmucker's No Sugar Added Caramel Syrup
-Six ice cubes
-Whipped Cream



Instructions

Start with ice cubes, Almond Milk, and 2 scoops of Protein to blend. I always fill the milk a little above the ice cubes in the blender. This may be around 2 cups. Add more ice to create the consistency of a frappe.

Add Pumpkin Puree to the mix... I would estimate 2 cups to get a strong enough flavor. Blend again. Use more puree if needed.

Add Pumpkin Pie Spice... a little goes a long way, so keep tasting the mixture after each blend to see if it's right.

Once this was mixed, I felt that the shake needed something sweet. I added around 2 TBS of Caramel syrup. Finally, add some whipped cream on top, drizzle the caramel syrup, and sprinkle on some pumpkin spice.


Happy Fall work outs!

No comments:

Post a Comment