Sunday, November 7, 2010

"I've used my lungs for everything but breathing", so pray.

"You have these problems because you need the gifts they carry within." -Anonymous

We all have our own issues and situations and often times feel that we can't push through them.
Sometimes these problems look over-bearing. The weight of them seems too big to take on anymore,
and we want to either give in to them.. or throw our very own pity-party and "try" to fix them eventually.

I feel like my personal problems seem too heavy when i lack time in the Word or when i make myself
so busy that my God time isn't as big of a priority as it should be.

There are times that my faith in what God can do is limitless.. and then when i'm blah, i start questioning
things and worrying about things that will never be in my control.

When everything in me is aligned with the Lord... when i daily cry out for my desires to match His, for the fruits of the Spirit, and for humility i stop worrying and i TRUST Him so much more. I pray more for others... even those that can sometimes get on my nerves or are rubbing me the wrong way.

When the enemy sees that i am just an inch away from falling... he will start tempting me and trying to get a toe hold of me.. so that he can eventually get my foot.. then my leg.. and then all of me... The enemy works in quiet, sneaky ways... a little bit at a time, so that before you know it, he has you. That's his trick. The farther you are from God, the more you don't realize the Spiritual attack.

This is what happens with me: For some reason, the enemy tries to use my perspective of people to get me.
When i'm lacking God time, satan will get one innocent person to get under my skin just a little bit. For awhile i will just ignore it and not really think much of it. The less time i have with God, the more that person will annoy me. Then, the enemy will get someone a little closer to me to annoy me, and i'll start getting a little bothered by them. Then he will get someone who has caused wounds in my past to stick out to me in a negative way constantly... which will bring past feelings and anger to push to awaken from the grave just a little bit.  Then, before i know it, i'm concerned about myself and my feelings. I'm not sure why the enemy uses people to try to get me to fall.. maybe because i'm a people person sometimes and an introvert the rest of the time.

On the other hand, when i'm close to God, as soon as someone annoys me i pray for them immediately because i feel like God has them stand out to me as a way to tell me they need prayer. And for that person or people that have caused me wounds who stick out, i'm praying for them a lot and asking God to change them.
I know someone who was confusing me and frustrating me for awhile about their life and relationship with God... then a few months later i hear they're going through something big and all i did was sit there questioning them and getting frustrated by them when i should've used the indications given that something weird was happening as a sign to pray for them. It doesn't hurt to pray.. it's worth the effort.


Without God we have no wisdom, so without God we don't know what's best for us and we don't see our own mistakes. That's so obvious, but sometimes being a Christian and referring that back to ourselves, we forget. We will never understand everything that happens or why things happen, but through it all God's promises remain.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom Proverbs 9:10


"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall" Psalms 55:22 

When i finally see myself being stupid and worldly, i just pray. Sometimes prayer is over-complicated. God can do anything, remember? I ask him to make me a better person in the areas that i am weak, and to change my thoughts so they don't dare become words or actions. We are not called to be perfect, but to strive to be more like Him.

*I feel like i already blogged about prayer.. but here it is again. Have Problems? Pray!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this, thank you for teaching me something today. your awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete