Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School Brain

   Well, classes started yesterday, and I am so ready to demolish this last year at Ivy Tech. I started my morning getting work done for my online classes, and I ended the day with submitting my application, essay, and fee for Liberty University. Man am I excited! I will definitely be getting some scholarship money for applying early. My family and I will be taking a college visit at LU in October, the week after Nik's parents want to visit him. Therefore, I will be seeing Nik two weekends in a row. I am super stoked!

    Last night, a friend of mine brought an author named Isa Adney to my attention, and I ended up buying her book on the spot. I need some advice and motivation through my final year at community college. The most important thing I can be doing for my education this year is keeping my GPA over a 3.8 and applying for scholarships. Since I am a Phi Theta Kappa member, I will have lots of scholarships in front of my face. However, there are never enough to apply for. My awesome cousin Ben told my mom some pretty solid advice about scholarships that I am definitely looking forward to trying out. He told me to incorporate my trip to Africa in the essays as much as possible. That's definitely genius. Since my cousin had his PHd by the time he was 26.... he definitely knows what he's talking about.

   I have been finding some scholarships that students need to be nominated for in order to even apply, so I have been sending emails to program chairs and counselors at my school. I don't even know if my school has heard of some of these scholarships before either, so Ivy Tech definitely needs to get on board.

Aside from school, I am working two jobs. This year will definitely consist of a lot of saving. I was asking someone what they do to save money, and he told me that he has half his checks go straight to his savings. He then budgets how much gas he usually spends in a month and sets aside money for that. He said that he plans out his savings so he can potentially survive without a job for six months. I am so excited to get started on that. Since my boyfriend is gone, it will definitely be a lot easier to resist spending money and give up going shopping every weekend like I did in the summer.

I have a lot of plans and goals for this school year, and I am really anxious to get started on them. Liberty University is my plan for my bachelor's degree and possibly for my Master's if I want to stay there for that. If LU doesn't work out I will be pretty bummed, but I have to keep marching forward with the knowledge that God's way is the ultimate way. I only want what God wants anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment