Saturday, January 26, 2013

New beginnings...

So far, 2013 has been awesome. The year has carried itself on a positive note, and I'm doing my best to keep my mind set that way.

I do not like making New year's resolutions... Mostly because I am not good at finishing things and feel guilty when I do not keep them. But I hate the idea that we often put in our minds about a new year being a reset button. It's a silly frame of mind that can be adjusted at any moment.

This year I didn't have a vision for my "new self" before the ball dropped. But as the fresh days of 2013 carried on, I did think of ways that I have wanted to improve myself.




  1. A huge focus I have for this year is working hard to be well-rounded.
  2. I am cutting out a lot of my computer time. Taking mostly online classes does add to my time on the computer, but I am always checking Pinterest. I would love to spent only 2 hours of my day online so I can leave space for other responsibilities.
  3. I love to read, and have an awful habit of starting 5 books at a time and never finishing them.. Then, I will get excited about other books.. And buy more. So there are about 30+ books on my shelf that I have not finished or even started. In 2013, I am spending a lot of my free time reading. I am trying to break out of my "self-help" book addiction and move on to novels. Plus, thats what the bible is for anyways.
  4. On Mondays through Saturdays, I am making To Do Lists to keep me on task. Sunday is designated to be lazy day. It is the Sabbath, after all. I never knew how to "keep the Sabbath" because I always had something to do... Plus, putting off school work until Sunday is the norm. Well, not anymore for me.
  5. I think that fitness is very important, but unlike my boyfriend I am not a nazi about it. I am going to do cardio 3 times a week minimum, and then squeeze in more when I am free. I am going to do my arm routine 4 times a week minimum.



No comments:

Post a Comment