Friday, February 15, 2013

Why Judging Others is Stupid

Well, I can be the first to admit that I'm probably the most opinionated and blunt woman in the world. I try not to make judgmental opinions. But that often happens. The worst part about that? I naturally don't care if my bluntness bothers others. 

Also, I have a "someecards" account and a lot of my ideas come from opinions.. and often.. judging. OOPS.

Anyways, when we look at someone else and think "ope, they sure are blah blah blah".. Do you realize what we are doing?

We are comparing people to our own standards. And do you know what that does? That sneakily tricks us into thinking that we are as white as snow. Without fault. The better person. Self-righteous.

But you know what? Jesus never sinned, therefore He is the only one who truly is as white as snow. He is the standard. We are not. Not even close. He will judge fairly, but we will not.

So when judging people, I have made the excuses in the past, "well it helps me to remember what not to do!" or "it gives me a visual of what these people look like while they are doing what they are doing.. so I can keep myself checked".... uh huh...

Really though, judgment is a sneaky killer. It builds egos and honestly, develops false opinions.

So, now that this topic has been spoken of in multiple settings by multiple people, a reminder is always necessary. At least for me.


"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

No comments:

Post a Comment