Sunday, July 18, 2010

Out of the ashes we rise.. there’s no one like You

"The Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them, for they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." Acts 8:16


 God has been moving in my life a bunch lately and showing me new things.
I have been baptized by water, but my mom baptized me by the Holy Spirit on July 14th. I didn't even know baptism by the Holy Spirit is different than baptism by water. I have felt the Holy Spirit before but not like now. If you have not been baptized by the Holy Spirit you should definitely pray about it. It has changed my life.

“I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." -Matthew 3:11

"Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit." -John 3:5 

In other ways, a lot has happened since my last post. I wish i could remember everything to update on, but i can hardly even remember what i did this past week.

My mom ended up staying in Florida to say good-bye to Grandpa for 3 weeks!!! My mom and great-aunt prayed over him and talked to him for 1.5 hours right before he died and felt so much joy and peace in their hearts. Gene Weisenberger 3/3/33 - 6/29/10.

I got a twitter (soviesunshine) a couple of weeks ago. This is something that i have been debating about for awhile. I always feel like twitter is promoting narcissism in a lot of cases. Quite frankly, no one really cares what you're doing every second of your life. Facebook and twitter go hand in hand with being abused. It's so easy to be completely full of yourself on either accounts. As Christians, we need to fight the urge to talk about ourselves and uplift ourselves. We do not belong to ourselves (1 Corinthians 6:19). Instead we should be lifting Jesus up and sharing about Him. We weren't put on this earth for ourselves. God gave me the idea to make a twitter to tweet inspirational quotes and bible verses that speak to me. I figure that friends get these sent to their phones; great way to inspire them too! So follow me, friends!

CIY Move starts tomorrow and i am so ready to let God work.

No comments:

Post a Comment