Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wake Me Up When September Begins

Last month at CIY my challenge card was to lead a devotion with my family once a week, pray that God will move in my family, and to start with the book of Mark.
When i first opened my card i was in awe of God's perfection. My family definitely needed something like this. We've tried family bible studies in years past, but it was always hard to get everyone together with all of the activities we were all involved in, so we gave up countless times.
Now we're on week 4 and it's been great!
We started with Mark... i kind of changed up the rules and went through a summary of Mark instead of analyzing it closely (not sure if that's cheating lol). Then we talked about our favorite verses from that book.
Now we're on to one of my favorite books from the bible, Ecclesiastes, and we're doing about 2 chapters a night. Satan gets me to feel so un-motivated every stinkin' week, but that just inspires me to push harder.
In the end, God makes me more thankful for my family. Thanks to everyone who has been praying!
School started a few weeks ago. Ever since then I've lost track of time. If every week is as fast as last week was we're in trouble.
I love my classes, which is kind of nerdy, but that's what keeps my day going. I have a day that's solely math and math-like classes alone, and i am so thankful to be able to focus on one subject in a day.

Thursday is small group orientation at my church and i'm so pumped for another year of growing with some lovely girls.
I have been biking and running everyday, and now i'm addicted. (: Our basement is slowly becoming a gym.
I am still getting the hang of balancing devotions, homework, work, college class, working out, friends, and church activities, but it's good prep for next year.

PS) I'm itchin' for some Fall weather. This summer weather heat is exhausting.

3 comments:

  1. erika, I'll be praying for you and your challenge, when you opened it I shed a little tear in awe of God's perfection! He's got such a plan for you & your life :) I love you
    -daniele

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was seriously inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete