Sunday, March 3, 2013

Military Diet: Day 3 (The Final Day)


click: Day 1,  Day 2

Breakfast 
1 egg
1 slice of toast (NO BUTTER)
1/2 grapefruit
GREEN TEA

Lunch
1 cup of cheese
1 hard boiled egg
5 Saltine crackers
 (added 6 cherry tomatoes)

Dinner
2 Bratwursts
1 kiwi
1 cup broccoli
Salad: 1 cup spinach leaves, 1/4 bell pepper,
     a few cherry tomatoes, pepper
1 cup vanilla ice cream


On this final day, I am starting to be annoyed with this diet. :) I would rather get rid of the saltine crackers and add in a salad or something. Though I enjoy the substitutions that are available, the diet doesn't seem very healthy to me. Hot dogs? Really though? It is also difficult for me to run as hard as usual with this diet. I look forward to tomorrow, when I can eat off of this schedule and see my final weight result in the morning. I am not sure I will ever do this again. Maybe I will out of discipline sometime or if I need to learn how to control my meal sizes. However, I am going to re-incorporate my old habits into my eating. Man, do I miss my high school body.


  • Balance every meal: 30% protein, 20% grain. 50% produce.
  • Drink 1 full cup of water before each meal.
  • After dishing out portions, put everything away; making it difficult to get seconds.
  • Avoid bleached foods: white rice, white bread... replace with whole wheat.
  • A small amount of sweets is a reward. Not something to be taken away completely.
  • Limit dairy. I love cheese, but I need to find calcium in other ways.
  • When I want to snack, drink a glass a water and see if the craving wears off in 15 minutes. If not, a boiled egg. IF 15 more minutes go by, a piece of fruit.
  • NO soft drinks. Not even Coke Zero or Diet Coke. So terrible for you.
  • Nothing with Splenda
  • And of course lots of exercise. 5 workouts a week. I try to burn at least 500 calories through cardio and work on my triceps and abs. Schedule: 20 push ups (working my way up), 70 crunches, pilates ball bridges, 2 sets of pterodactyl arm rotations x20 (forward and backward), and this tricep workout that's name I don't know of. But it's supposed to minimize "the flab." 



I began making meal plans for breakfast and lunch. My mom is a healthy cook so I know that she can handle the dinner plans. Still no pizza for the month of March. I found a great substitution called the Pizzadilla!

Tomorrow I start my healthy lifestyle devotional



In the intro of this book, Shepherd reported alarming statistics:

"Believe it or not, sugar should be labeled 'legal drug.' Our bodies actually go into a state of detoxification when we give this up, with withdrawal symptoms similar to what an alcoholic experiences giving up alcohol. A study was done in a mental hospital in which the patients had all bleached white sugar and bleached white flour removed from their diets. Within thirty days, 50 percent of the patients had their mental health restored" (p25-26).

I don't think I am ready to give up sugar completely. But I am slowly going to ease it out of my diet. I have been looking through a book called "Eat This Not That", so I can monitor the brands of food I eat and develop habits with that. I am very excited to reap the benefits of all of this!







No comments:

Post a Comment