Monday, May 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes

My breakfast yesterday morning was extra yummy and sweet. Some days I just wake up and decide that it's pancake day. Sunday was one of those mornings. I then realized that my family actually had chocolate chips! What a perfect combination. I love to make my pancakes with oats and flax seeds, so I knew adding some peanut butter would be the perfect touch.






INGREDIENTS:

  •    

  •   



























1. Combine all dry ingredients and stir. Add all liquids. Add a decent amount of chocolate chips. Mix well.


2. If you don't have buttermilk, here is my substitute:

In a measuring cup, add 1 TBS white vinegar. Fill with milk at the 3/4 cup line. Let sit for 5 minutes. 


3. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to pour pancake mix on to the pan. 



I don't use syrup. Usually when my pancakes are plain I will use honey. However, I ate my chocolate chip pancakes plain! I prefer to use honey over syrup because it's a natural sugar. 


IF you try these out let me know how they taste. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment