Friday, May 3, 2013

Week #4 H54F


1. One of my best friends got engaged!!! That makes two! And another one newly married. Nope, that is definitely NOT my finger or ring... don't worry ;) I've realized that by the time I am engaged, most of my bridesmaids will actually be bridesmatrons. They are all pretty annoyed at that since none of them have been bridesmaids before. However, I feel like their end of the stick is the better half anyways. ;) Oh, young love. But back to Brittany. We have been best friends for 10 years! I will never forget our phone conversation 4 years ago this month when she first met Ethan. She was crazy about him, and I will always remember our little sixteen-year-old excitement when we realized that one of us would most likely be getting a boyfriend soon. It's amazing how fast time has flown. I am so happy for her- I've always loved her guy too. :)

2. A friend came over with her DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY (not gonna lie) car, and asked if she could use our vacuum to clean it out. Since I like cleaning what's not mine especially.. I enjoyed this time. I really can't begin to name the amount of random we found in her car. I think the funniest find was a mini trashcan full of trash in her front seat. Really? Who has a trashcan for their car? She cracks me up. We actually ended up throwing away the trashcan because it was so dirty.

3. This week I got back on the extra-healthy train. I realized that I need more greens and started frying some broccoli- yes, frying. Boiling sounded gross at the time. Any who, I suddenly felt a craving for Pasta Salad so I threw a bunch of stuff together and created a seriously delicious recipe. I've had it for lunch everyday this week, and I believe that it has contributed to my weight loss. Have I mentioned that I am now 2 lbs away from my high school weight?

4. Okay, so I know it's a bad habit,  but every time I get paid I suddenly feel a need to shop. Last weekend, I stocked up on my vitamins and picked up Cayenne Fruit supplements for the first time. Let me just say, I have had a lot more energy this week! Usually when it's grapefruit season, I use that as a natural source of energy- and I definitely feel a difference. Now, grapefruits don't taste so good anymore. These supplements are a great substitute. My metabolism is happy!

5. Gas went up from $3.40-something to $3.89! My friend in California said that gas is $3.89 there too.   I am a huge planner when it comes to spending money on what I dread. Like I said, not so much when it comes to fun stuff.. like vitamins? ;) So I use the app "Gas Buddy" to view updates from stations in the area. As my tank was nearing empty, and as I was kicking myself for not buying gas the previous weekend, I started my planning. "Gas Buddy" said that the town-next-door had a few stations set at $3.48... while all other towns were at $3.89. I decided to drive out of my way to get gas. I trusted Gas Buddy before, and what do you know... it is VERY reliable. This girl was extremely happy to fill her tank at $3.48 a gallon. And what do you know, as I was driving away the guy bumped the price. Thank you, God!

 photo H54Fbutton-triangle_zps678b65ba.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. did u notice that the word "friend" is a link? You'd like her she's pretty legit.

      Delete