Monday, April 29, 2013

Recipe Review: Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cookies


Alright guys, THESE are amazing!



Truly, truly amazing. Brought to you by Buns in My Oven, these cake mix cookies are soft and chocolate-y. As most cookies taste better when they are hot and soft... Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cookies taste best when they have cooled. And of course, they are still soft!

What a unique idea to use cake batter as the base. I made these last week with vanilla cake mix instead of butter cake mix. Boy, oh, boy did I love them. I promise you all, next time I post a recipe I'll take a photo of my final product so you know i'm legit. ;)


INGREDIENTS:

1 box butter cake mix
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together the cream cheese and butter until well combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the cake mix and beat until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the top is set, but the center is still gooey.
Cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. I've had cookies similar to these before, but I definitely have to try this recipe! I always love getting my hands on a new one :)

    ReplyDelete